Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Resignation


I have resigned.

For the first time in my life, I tendered my resignation. I have stayed in the same firm for half a decade since I graduate. Has it been too long? Maybe I have grown to be too comfortable in my present environment. Way too comfortable.

I will be going to London to pursue a masters in finance in Sept 06 but now I have this 3 month gap in between. I didnt plan this (long story??!!) What should I be doing? A 3 month holiday??? Is that too much? Maybe I help out my ex-colleague in his new setup? Maybe I should set up my own e-company? Maybe I should get an internship? Maybe I can pick up a new language(French, Spanish or Jap)? Learn Excel VBA? Volunteer? Set up a blog? Exercise more? Get a golf handicap (is it possible?) Or just sit back and enjoy the World Cup??

Isnt it quite an irony when people call it "resigned" when I just tendered. Doesnt it mean the opposite i.e. I quit?

I am lost. Arent I?

No comments: