Saturday, March 24, 2007

Getting patriotic, in London


Today is my last day of my exams and I was having a really relaxing lunch with some of my classmates until one of them, from China, actually challenged Singapore's democracy. I was kinda surprised and of course, put up a strong defense (hopefully not too strong to offend!) of my beloved country and my french classmate actually told me he was really impressed by my short speech :> But the whole issue did get me thinking. Why is the perspective of Singapore a bit tainted? esp from a foreigner perspective? It also got me thinking about whether I should do more for my country. Becos the fact of the matter is; If I dont, as a citizen of my small island state, and continue to be politically indifferent. Then who will? Perhaps my efforts at charity should also focus on just my country too. Am I getting overboard?

1 comment:

Japan Travel-girl Tokyo Travel; Kyoto Travel said...

good for u!! may i noe what is ur short speech?